Environmental Sustainability Policy
- Ethically Commercial – Our decisions go beyond profitability and are centred on respect, honesty, and a desire to have a positive impact on the world around us.
- Growth Mindset – We challenge ourselves with courage and curiosity to discover our full potential.
- Embrace Collaboration – By actively seeking out diverse views, both internally and externally, we do all we can to ensure a resilient outcome.
- Empowerment – We encourage our people to take responsibility.
Statement of Intent
We recognise that we have a responsibility to minimise our impact on climate change and have publicly pledged our support for ‘Net Zero Carbon Events’ which aims to connect the events industry globally, to the rapidly growing movement towards net zero by 2050.
The Net Zero Carbon Events initiative aims to bring together a wide range of industry stakeholders to:
- Jointly communicate our industry’s commitment to tackling climate change and driving towards net zero by 2050.
- Develop common methodologies for measuring the industry’s direct, indirect and supply chain greenhouse gas emissions.
- Construct an industry-wide roadmap towards net zero by 2050, and emissions reductions by 2030 in line with the Paris Agreement, with support and guidance on key issues.
- Foster collaboration with suppliers and customers to ensure alignment and common approaches.
- Establish common mechanisms for reporting progress and sharing best practice.
We also recognise that most of our event activities are associated with contracted services. We therefore commit to working with all 3rd parties to measure and reduce emissions from event related activities
We are committed to responsible environmental operations and event planning and as such commit to reducing greenhouse gas emissions and waste across both our operational activities and our event deliveries.
Achieving our objectives involves engaging our teams to support our organisational ambitions, and planning from the start of projects is required for all event deliveries. We recognise that adhering to this Policy requires every member of our team to play their part and that the delivery of this policy falls into the remit of all employees.
We will therefore promote a shared accountability culture within our organisation, ensuring all team members work together to incorporate these sustainability goals into their day-to-day work routines and planning.
This will be achieved through training for staff, embedding these objectives into our internal operational processes and engaging staff in the development of future objectives.